- Langtang Valley Trek
- 11 days
- Min 2 Pax Max 14
Langtang Valley trek gives you the opportunity to experience firsthand the Himalayan peaks. It offers an exceptional diversity of scenery and culture. The Langtang valley is covered in lakes and offers pine forests, swift mountain streams, rugged rocks, grassy downs and alpine meadows. The combination of the two valleys gives a great adventure through the high altitude passes. Walk through the valleys and stand at the feet of huge glaciers. The Helambu valley allows you to experience the strong traditions of the people and land. You can also visit old monasteries and see the roots of the “Sherpa” culture.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan Internation Airport Kathamandu
you may arrive in kathamandu aat any time. our airport representative will be there to wilcome you and will explain the progarm further. there are no planned activities for the day, so you may check into the Hotel.
Day 02: Kathamandu to Dhunche (2030m/6699ft) Driving time 6 hrs
Day 03: Dhunche to Thulo Syabru (2210m/7293ft) duration 6-7 hrs
Day 04: thulo Syabru to lama Hotel (2340m/7722ft) duration 6-7 hrs
Day 05: Lama Hotel to Lantang Village (3330m/10989ft) Duration 5-6 hrs
Day 06: Lantang Village to Kyanjing Gompa (3730m/12309ft) duration 3-4 hrs
Day 07: acclimazation day at Kyanjing Gompa
Day 08: Kyanjing Gompa to Lama Hotel (2340m/7722ft) duration 607 hrs
Day 09: Lama Hotel to Syabru Besi (1810m/5973ft) duration 5-6 hrs
Day 10: Syabru Besi to Kathamandu (1300m/4290ft) driving time 6-7 hrs
Day 11: Depature
Malung treks and expedition bids you farewel with all the best wishes until we see you again.
ItineraryDay One: : Kathmandu to Dhunche (2030m)
Driving time: 7 hours
The first day’s trek begins early, driving by 4x4 or bus to the starting point of the trail at Dhunche. Leaving the Kathmandu valley, the road twists and turns along the high hills through remote villages. When you reach the village of Ranipauwa, there is a fine view of the Annapurna Mountain range in the west and Langtang Mountain range in the east. Driving to Trishuli Bazaar, then travelling over rough roads, leads us into the Langtang National Park where you will notice the remoteness of human settlements at higher altitude. Our first night will be spent in the district headquarters of Dhunche.
Day Two: : Dhunche to Thulo Syabru (2210m)
Trekking time: 7 hrs
Our trek begins today by descending through forest, down to the Trisuli River. This water runs from the Gosainkunda Lake, which is holy to Hindus and Buddhists. After crossing a suspension bridge, there is a steep climb beside a stream and up the mountainside to the village of Braccaka. The village is steeped in Sherpa culture and traditions. We will continue on, skirting around a ridge, leading to fields, climbing at a steady pace. We will stop for lunch in the village of Brabel where there is a beautiful view of Ganesh Mountain (7000m). Moving along the trail leads you to Syabru village where we will spend the night.
Day Three: : Syabru to Lama Hotel (2340m)
Trekking time: 7 hrs
The trail leads north, passing old government buildings, across a suspension bridge and over the Bootee Koki into the settlement of Old Syabru. A pleasant forest trail leads to a side stream, then onto a waterfall, and then climbs up along rocky ridges. We will cross the Langtang River, and enjoy a lunch break in Bomb, listening to the water flowing from the mountain glaciers. After lunch we will cross two bridges along the main path, on a gentle ascent to Gummanchhok. Situated under a steep hill is Lama Hotel where we will spend the night.
Day Four: : Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3330m)
Trekking time: 6 to 7 hrs
Starting a gentle climb through the forest brings you to Gore Tabela, which is located in a wide valley. Situated here is the Royal Nepali Army base camp, where they guard National Park animals. We stop for lunch before heading towards the alpine meadows and ascending up to Langtang. It is the park’s headquarters and made up of stone walls with surrounding fields and yak herds. Langtang is an historical and traditional village. The people strongly believe in Tibetan Buddhism.
Day Five: : Langtang to Kyanjin (3730m)
Trekking time: 3 to 4 hrs
The day starts by climbing to a Chorten (Buddhist Monument) and then down a gentle path, passing Mani stones (prayer stones). These stones have carvings of a Tibetan Buddhist chant (Om Mani padme hum) and virtually look as if they are speaking themselves. The trail continues into a glacial valley where you can see, weather permitting, the Kimshun and Tsenji Himal. It then follows to Kyanjin Gompa.
Day Six: : Rest day in Kyanjin Gompa (3730m)
Kyanjin Gompa is not a very old village. There is a small cheese factory, run by the government, where many local people work. There are plenty of lodges and the valley here is known as the Garden of Nepal. From here you can explore the glacier, and view the mountains of Tsergo RI (4700m) and Chyorkuri (5200m).
Day Seven: : Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2340m)
Trekking time: 5 to 6 hrs
The return route to Lama Hotel is mainly flat and downhill via Langtang. We will spend the night here.
Day Eight: : Lama Hotel to Syabru Besi (1810m)
Trekking time: 5 hrs
We will walk the same path from Lama Hotel back to Bamboo Lodge where we will stop for lunch. Trekking beside the river to Syabru Besi takes about three hours. We will spend our last night here.
Day Nine: : Syabru Besi to Kathmandu
Driving time: 7 hours
after a good breakfast we will return to Kathmandu, stopping at Trisuli Bazaar for lunch.
Include in Package:
- Airport picks up and drop privat vehicle.
- 2 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3***base hotel in Kathmandu, pokhara.
- Three-time main course with tea/coffee during the trek
- (breakfast, lunch and every dinner with soup) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge for accommodation during the trek.
- Seasonal fresh fruits during the trek
- One highly experienced, helpful and English speaker friendly guide.
- Porters (1 porter between 2 Trekkers) and their food, accommodation, salary equipment. Accident insurance for all staff
- Kathmandu to Dhunche by private Jeep.
- Syabru Besi to kathamandu private Jeep.
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during the treks
- Duffle bag to pack your trekking equipment
- Trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid kit only for your staff
- Langtang National park Entry Permit.
- TIMS Card, Trekkers' Information Management System
- Government taxes & office service charge
Not include in Package:
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the above itinerary
- Personal Travel insurance for Travel to Nepal
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa. You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent in foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 passport-size photos for visa process
- you can also check online before you come: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- Soft and Hard drinks including water
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot showers during the Trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- Wifi, Battery charger and phone Charger.
- Tips, Gratuities for trekking staff and Drivers
Accommodation3*** Based in Kathmandu and tea house, lodge in Mountain
MealsBreakfast in Kathmandu, and in trekking tea coffee, breakfast, lunch, soup and dinner